Spotted online with the Leda branding:
More winter fashions:
St John’s Ambulance Brigade:
The Brigade has it’s origins in 1877 when the Order of St John (a British chivalric order dating back to the Knights Hospitaller in the 12th century) founded an association to provide first aid training, and later, volunteers capable of providing medical assistance at public gathering and during emergencies. The Australian branch of the brigade began in 1831.
Reg Ansett registered ‘Ansett Airways’ in January 1936 as an extension of his successful ‘Ansett Roadways’ business that had been running since December 1931. From a single Fokker airplane the business grew. The logo of a double A (for Ansett Airways) with a pair of wings dates from around 1946 through to the takeover of ANA in 1957.
… from Helen:
… from an Ebay ad:
More Winter fashions:
Winter fashions; to make us smile, chuckle or sigh with longing …
Please note the new address of this blog is: austbuttonhistory.com
New tailor’s button:
G. L. Fuller & Co.Ltd.: Sydney
George Lawrence Fuller, son of Sir George Fuller (former N.S.W. premier) listed a company of tailors and mercers in September 1932 with a Mr George Newton. Not suprisingly, they were called Newton & Fuller Limited, operating from 84 Pitt Street, Sydney. The name was changed in November 1934 to G.L.Fuller & Co.Ltd, probably to take full advantage of the upper-class value of his name. The company advertised until 1945, after which George became a member of the Stock exchange, and in 1950 joined the partnership of J.Neil and Fuller. Unfortunately, he died in 1953 at the young age of 49 years.