New backmark/uniform button!!
C. Hemsley, Sydney:
Charles Richard Hemsley (1839-1926) was an importer of ‘Men’s Mercery’ in partnership with John Gard as ‘Gard and Hemsley’ from 1869-1871. He continued the business own his own at 390 George Street, Sydney and advertised as supplying uniforms. In 1880 the business was bought by Gowing Brothers. The business continued under the name of ‘C.Hemsley’ until 1895 at 43 Erskine Street.