Chapman & Rogers, Adelaide:
George Chapman (1847-1928) came to south Australia as a two year old in 1849. In 1861 he was apprenticed as a tailor. he later worked for Shierlaw & Co. In 1892 he went into business with Charles Rogers at 117 Gawler Place. The partnership lasted until 1918 when he continued with his son. George was very keen sportsman, particularly football, cricket and swimming.
His son, George W. Chapman, was also a sportsman, with a love of baseball.