Advertisement from a 1911 edition of the ‘Commonwealth Jeweller and Watchmaker’: Aren’t they lovely! Brothers Richard and Thomas Willis arrived in Melbourne in 1858 and set up as importers and wholesalers, later extending to manufacturing, of jewellery. Richard left the partnership, with the firm becoming T. Willis & co in 1875, changing to Willis & Sons in 1904. From 1931 they stopped manufacturing and reverted to importing. The firm was still going in 1951.
For images of their beautiful jewellery: