Moubray, Rowan & Hicks:
Thomas Moubray came to Melbourne in 1848, and worked for William Williamson in his “new drapery and general outfitting establishment” at 45 Collins Street. In 1853 he bought the business with partner Joseph Lush to form “Moubray & Lush”. In 1878, after the retirement and death of various business partners, the firm became “Moubray, Rowan and Hicks” . The business moved soon after to 350 Collins Street.
After Moubray’s death the firm traded as “Hicks, Atkinson & Sons” from 1892 until around 1948, then Hicks Atkinson until 1967.