New tailors’ buttons:
R. Clarke, Colac:
Richard Clarke (1866-1937) took over the business of Mr M. Cuskey at 1a Murray Street, Colac.
T. H. Dunstan, Castlemaine:
Thomas Henry Dunstan (1866-1936) worked for Mr Christian Duus, in Hargreaves Street, Castlemaine, from 1882. On his death in 1888 Thomas took over the business. He remained there until around 1913 when he moved his family to Clifton Hill, a suburb of Melbourne.
Mcdonald & Walter, Adelaide: Thanks to Warwick
In 1882 Charles Walter joined in partnership with George McDonald in Rundle Street. He was born in Somersetshire in 1844 and had arrived in Adelaide in 1874.
In 1908 the partnership dissolved, with Walter continuing as ‘Charles Walter & Sons’ in Rundle Street. His sons would continue in the business after his death in 1913. McDonald operated as G. McDonald & Co. at ‘The White House” 88 King William Street.