School Uniform Buttons


At the moment there South Australian School buttons. others will be added if and when they are brought to my notice.

South Australian school uniform buttons.

They are likely all produced by the same maker,  probably Schlank & Co.,  although they are not marked.  They date from around 1960-1973.

 

 

Adelaide Boys High School: Adelaide Boys high school opened in 1951 (from former versions of the school).  In 1977 it amalgamated with its girls’ campus, the ‘B’ being dropped from the school crest as seen on the right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Christian Brothers College: Opened in 1878.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Concordia College:  Opened 1890.  The Coat of Arms has been updated,  but this stained glass window confirms the button.

 

 

Elizabeth Boys Technical School:  Elizabeth Boys technical Schools opened in 1960 and changed name in 1975.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

King’s College:   from 1923 to 1973. it was a Boys’ school that amalgamated in 1974 with Girton Girls’ School to become Pembroke School.

 

 

Norwood Junior Boys Technical School:  1942-1960 then Northwood Boys Technical School 1961-1973. Renames as Marryatville Boys High school in 1974.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Prince Alfred College: Opened in 1869.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rostrevor College: A Roman catholic college for boys established in 1923.

 

 

 

Sacred Heart College:  The senior campus of this college was oped in 1897.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Scotch College: Founded in 1919.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seacombe High School: Opened 1959. Now known as Seaview High School.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

St Ignatius College: Opened 1951.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

St Paul’s College: Opened 1958.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

St Peter’s College: This boys’ college was established in 1847 by members of the Anglican Church.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unley High School: Opened in 1910.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Westminster School: Opened in 1961.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woodville High School: Opened 1915.