Please note the new address of this blog: austbuttonhistory.com
W. Colyer, Adelaide:
William Colyer (1864-1933) took over his father’s business in 1891.
His father, George (1822-1897) had arrived in Adelaide in 1857 and operated as a tailor in King William Street at several locations. Around 1910, William moved to Pirie Street. He advertised at that location until 1924.
A. E. Barlow, Parade, Norwood:
Arthur Edgar Barlow (1878-1957) ran “The Norwood House For Men’s Wear” from c.1915-1943 in the Parade, Norwood.
F. Budden & Son, Muswellbrook:
In 1921 Frank Budden sold his tailoring business to his son, Reginald Frank Budden, after 36 years in business. The business name was F.Budden & Son from 1922 until 1931. After this the name appears to have changed to Budden’s Tailor shop.