New tailor’s button:
Charles Gough Blainey (1894-1959) set up his tailoring business in George Street, Sydney around 1924. Due to growth of his business, he moved to the Strand Arcade three years later. Around 1927 he registered the firm as a limited company, then in 1938 as a propriety limited concern.
By 1966 (seven years after Mr. Blainey’s death) the firm was in financial difficulty, and by 1973 it was deregistered.