Pat’s new finds, Part 1:
The Newcastle & Hunter River Steamship Company Ltd:
In 1892 this company was formed from the amalgamation of the Newcastle Steamship and the Hunter River Steam Navigation companies. It operated until 1956. It was delisted and became the Southern Shipping Company Limited in 1965. For detailed information and pictures of the fleet see https://www.flotilla-australia.com/nhrsn.htm
By 1904 they provided services between Sydney, Newcastle, Morpeth, Raymond terrace, Miller’s Forest, Paterson and Clarencetown. By 1914 they also serviced Bulahdelah and Port Stephens. The advent of rail and road transport lead to the demise of the company.