Thompson & Co.
On the 25th April 1885, the Cumberland Mercury trumpeted a new industry within the new municipality. It seems that Mr George Simeon Thompson (1852-1938), formerly of Parson, Thompson & Co. ( see the pearl shell page) had shifted from Surry Hills to Granville.
However, he was only located there for some months, as later in the year he had moved back to Sydney. He must have continued for some years, as he was advertising his pearl shell studs and buttons in Melbourne in 1889.